Whether you are a first-time instructor using Expert TA, or an educator who has leveraged our online homework system for many years, the following blog will provide a look at how easy it is to get started within the Expert TA environment.
If you are interested in partnering with Expert TA and adopting it for one of your upcoming classes, contact us to have your instructor account established. Creating an instructor account takes only a few minutes.
Each instructor has a dedicated account manager, an Expert TA pro, who’s available by phone anytime to address questions and share best practices. Your account manager is also available to give a live web orientation. Most instructors feel comfortable and confident in less than 20 minutes.
The system is straightforward and intuitive, while at the same time, highly customizable. Instructors have varying needs for their classes, syllabus, and grading, so we developed a system that can handle a large variety of personalization. Here are some examples:
- Instructors can configure their classes, course sections, and assignments using a simple, yet deep interface.
- Pressed for time? Your account manager is available to assist in setup as well as other customization options such as copying previous coursework to a new class.
- Expert TA also integrates with LMS systems like Canvas and Blackboard, which provide a single-sign-on for students as well as automatic live grade sync.
- Registering students is as simple as posting a link to your syllabus. Students sign up using the same URL, and self-register in less than two minutes.
- Once registered, students have the option of payment by credit card, accessing the system via purchased bookstore code, or can even sign-in using a free 14-day trial period.
- Video and problem tutorials are available and designed to help students get acquainted with Expert TA’s interface and specific question types.
Instructors can create unlimited templates that serve as rubrics for each type of assessment (practice, homework, quiz, etc.) and set custom parameters in terms of grading for each.
- Allows instructors to view the problems from Expert TA’s independent library, but arranged in the specific chapter and section order of the instructor’s chosen textbook.
- Instructors can provide the Expert TA team with their previously used homework questions. Assignments can be replicated from these with similar Expert TA problems to save time and energy.
- Looking for additional problems to assign to your students? Contact your account manager about supplemental problems or adding your own questions to your account.
Academic Integrity Profile
- A fully customizable suite of tools designed to limit students from accessing solutions online and reinforce class and institutional policies.
Students pay $32.50 for single-semester access to Expert TA with a lifetime cap of $65.00, regardless of drops or retakes. Quarterly pricing and High School rates, as well as a 14-day free trial option are also available. Please see our Product page for more information.
Would your institution like students to be able to purchase access via the bookstore? Codes can be on the shelf the same day an order is placed. We’ve designed our process to be hassle free.
Expert TA is dedicated to providing an intuitive, easy-to-use homework system. We look forward to working with you and your students soon.